[Sigia-l] Microsoft's Google-killer arrives with a 'whuh?'

Boniface Lau boniface_lau at compuserve.com
Sat Nov 13 15:18:39 EST 2004

Microsoft's Google-killer arrives with a 'whuh?'

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/11/12/microsofts_google_killer_arrives
/print.html

MSGK> If the cult of "information" is as important as technophiliacs
MSGK> tell us it is, we need to develop social mechanisms, not fancier
MSGK> search engines, to get us to the Holy Land. Don't look to the
MSGK> privatized information scavengers of the web for answers.
MSGK>
MSGK> So all the while we were consumed with the "search engine wars",
MSGK> what we were really looking at was the "library wars". And
MSGK> whoever has the best library wins, in this case.

Boniface