[Sigia-l] Initial Stakeholders Meeting

Samantha Bailey a2slb at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 9 18:59:03 EST 2004

We have developed a "workshop" with a series of exercises to facilitate
eliciting goals, defining users, etc. These tend to revolve around the
typical venn diagram: business goals, users, content/tasks. We'll typically
refine or shape the approach or exercises chosen based on who we're working
with. We work through the exercises, which are a combination of various
activities--group brainstorming, solo filling out prioritization forms and
turning them in for later processing, etc., allowing the flow to be based on
which exercises are resonating the most--different groups just have very
different responses. Then after the meeting we review the "data" take aways
and can determine where we need to drill deeper, where to take things
offline and talk one on one with people, etc.

Keith Instone developed a "navigation stress test"
(http://user-experience.org/uefiles/navstress/) which can be useful for
focusing conversations, whether around a client's own site or competitor
sites on navigation/classification issues. This can be a good ice-breaker.

Samantha Bailey | samantha at baileysorts.com
http://www.baileysorts.com