[Sigia-l] The A>B, B>A problem

Dwayne King dking at pinpointlogic.com
Fri Nov 5 18:34:01 EST 2004

I'm still going to fall back on asking the user how they want to view
the data. Having it in a database is all the better, as long as the
data is normalized it won't matter how you request it. If it's not,
tell your DB admin that you want your money back, w/o being able to
request the data by different metadata really defeats the purpose of
having a database.

I know the original question was just to come up with a name for this,
but I'm really having a hard time understanding why this is an issue.
In the example Billie is pointing out, it is specifically stated that
the user has different needs each time they visit, why force them into
a model that doesn't fit their needs?

It's easy to do and make for a better user experience, so why not?