[Sigia-l] The A>B, B>A problem

jeff at jefflash.com jeff at jefflash.com
Fri Nov 5 15:15:33 EST 2004

Peter initially just wanted to know if there was a name for this or not. He
then added:
> (And let's all agree to forcefully resist the label "Abba problem" ;)

It's like the issue of the pink elephant -- if I ask you not to think about
a pink elephant, you instantly think of a pink elephant. I never would have
thought of ABBA (the band), but now that you mention it...

What about something inspired by ABBA? Name it after one of their songs?
Personally, I'd go for "Mamma Mia" or "Head Over Heels," since I think both
of those describe the problem (or a designer's reaction to it) rather well.
Of course, there would be something great about sitting in a meeting,
arguing for the use of faceted classification, because you don't want to
deal with the "Love Isn't Easy (But It Sure Is Hard Enough)" problem.

Enjoy!

Jeff, who really doesn't know much about ABBA but knows how to find a list
of their songs