[Sigia-l] Redirects...

Dan Saffer dan at odannyboy.com
Tue Nov 2 11:11:53 EST 2004

On Nov 1, 2004, at 7:01 PM, Richard Law wrote:

> I'm curious to know what sort of user experience details people on the
> list have used on their redirect pages:
> - messaging to customers/users
> - how long the page is displayed before automatically redirecting to
> the new URL
> - etc.

Wouldn't the best experience be to make the redirect as seamless as
possible (unnoticeable)? It's fairly easy to do, and doesn't need to be
maintained, only set up. Prevents putting the onus on users to change
their links or bookmarks. Most users, I would imagine, don't care about
the address, only in accessing the content on the page.

Dan

Dan Saffer
M. Design Candidate, Interaction Design
Carnegie Mellon University