[Sigia-l] Gathering requirements for a bilingual web site

Christina Li yuyu at christinali.com
Fri May 28 08:23:44 EDT 2004

[Apologise for the cross-posting]

Dear friends,

This is a Chinese interaction designer working in London. I'm doing a web
site with my friend in China now and would like to know more needs and
suggestions from our target audiences. Any comments and suggestions will be
very appreciated!

The site aims to provide a bilingual on-line magazine for Chinese and
western professionals who work in the user interface design (including user
experience, information architecture, GUI, and usability) field to publish
their thinking and exchange views with each other. For Chinese
practitioners, we hope they could have an opportunity to access first-hand
and up-to-date research results, industry case studies, etc. of the western
industry. For western practitioners, we hope they could have a place to
communicate and exchange views with other professionals, and also to have a
view of the oriental user interface design industry and marketplace. We will
achieve these  by translating good articles to the other language, and also
by providing discussion board after each article.

As one of the practitioners in the west, Would you be interested in seeing
research reports and industry practices from another world?
Would you be interested in using this kind of site?
If not, how would it be more interesting to you?
What kind of contents would you like to see?
What kind of functions would you like to have?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards
Christina

yuyu at christinali.com