[Sigia-l] User Test Cost - Does this sound reasonable?

Listera listera at rcn.com
Thu May 27 17:21:16 EDT 2004

Dimitri Glazkov:

> Alright. So without going into much detail, how does the the process
> look with these roles in place?

(I don't if I should have to repeat this but I'm obviously describing where
I'd like to end up not where the industry is at this moment.)

In a nutshell: All decisions regarding requirements, workflow, architecture,
interface, interaction, usability and branding are made by Designers, who
consult a whole range of stakeholders including Developers. Designers may
use lots of different tools, media and methods as required *internally* but
their primary output is the functional Prototype. The Prototype is done by
Designers (not Developers), it's started as early as possible (not as a
final "deliverable") and changed often, it's functional enough to
demonstrate the intention of the Designers and the functionalities of the
application and it's exposed to other stakeholders (and users when
appropriate) as early as possible. Finally, Developers build and deploy the
app based on the Prototype. Needless to say, everyone (including Designers)
is involved in various degrees with pre- and post-deployment QA, feedback
and post-mortem.

Ziya
Nullius in Verba