[Sigia-l] site mapping a live site

Bob Doyle bobdoyle at skybuilders.com
Mon May 24 14:31:37 EDT 2004

Hi Wendy,

I have used LinkViewer (demo download and $87  license)

http://www.gradetools.com/linkviewer/lv30help.htm

I used it for a site with 2000 pages. It took half an hour to create the
map.

It produces a huge HMTL gif image map with active links to all the pages
in the site. It broke when the fonts were over 50% actual size so it was
not too readable.

The image map has nice spider-web look options.

The application itself  has a nice browser zoom to let you move smoothly
around the site.
____________________

I cannot find Visio's automapping feature and would like to try it.

Can you tell me where it is in Visio, or what it is called exactly.  No
help searching "Visio automapping"

wendy cown wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've reviewed the archives a bit and learned about software which can
> make a site map, such as PowerMapper and the Visio automapping tool.
> I corresponded with PowerMapper and it seems larger than 1500 the
> results are buggy.  I'm not sure what results I'm going to get with
> Visio for a larger site, around 2000 pages.
>
> Does anyone have experience making a site map of a live site that is
> around 2000 pages or larger that they're willing to share with me?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Wendy
> -----
> Wendy Cown