[Sigia-l] CMS Research

Tom Bauwens tom at screensized.com
Tue May 18 16:37:37 EDT 2004

[Plain text post]

Dear Sigia-l member,

I invite you to participate in my Master Research Project on Content
Management Systems, by answering a few questions that are presented in an
online survey: http://www.screensized.com.

I study Communication and Multimedia Design, in Belgium. As the final
project of my education, I conduct a research on web-based Content
Management Systems. In this research, I analyze the most common problems and
look for new solutions.

Kind Regards
Tom Bauwens

---------------------------------
Research Abstract:

In most cases, implementing a system to support the management of a
content-rich project is very expensive. Furthermore, in many cases it ends
up being a costly failure. This research analyzes the problems and
frustrations that surface in existing standard web-based Content Management
packages and considers the opportunities of new solutions. Using expert
author material on interface design, experience design and technology
innovation as a working basis, this research project continuously presents
new approaches to the development of web-based Content Management Systems
through a practical case: "Youth on the Road". Doing so, it demonstrates how
the interface should support the user's workflow and contribution to the
management team's efforts. The resulting product is a CMS that supports the
management of any content-rich project, and the underlying philosophy can
guide the development of any system for computer-supported collaborative
work in which various user roles and related tasks are defined.

For more details on this research, please contact me at tom at screensized.com

--
This message has been scanned by MailScanner at webcompagnie
for viruses and dangerous content and is believed to be clean.
For more info mail to support at webcompagnie.be