[Sigia-l] Don't submit websites to search engines?

Christina Wodtke cwodtke at eleganthack.com
Sun May 16 11:57:07 EDT 2004

I'm not sure how seriously I'd take this: the author doesn't seem to know
yahoo, inktomi, altavista and fast are all just yahoo now.
Also, he mentions forums as a good place to list your URL (great, he doesn't
mention the important of relevant text around a link, so now forums are
probably going to get linkspammed), but most forums are currently
uncrawlable. However, he's dead on regarding directories, and that actually
affects placement as well as getting crawled.

Were it me, I'd not pay for search placement, but would pay for directory
listing.