[Sigia-l] Topic maps and IA

Lars Marius Garshol larsga at ontopia.net
Wed Mar 24 03:11:55 EST 2004

I've been involved in discussions about traditional library science
techniques and how they relate to topic maps, without really being
able to express my view fully. I've now written a paper on the
subject, which I hope explains better what it was I tried to say.

So, if you want to know how topic maps and ontologies compare to
traditional IA techniques like taxonomies and thesauri, you may want
to read my paper, which can be found at:

Any feedback, reactions, and comments are *more* than welcome.