COMM: Re: [Sigia-l] community

Russ Unger russ at bluechromedesign.com
Sun Mar 21 14:49:26 EST 2004

I second Ziya's thoughts and will only add that adding all of prefacing
tends to add a lot of moderating and coaching to new users--I mean, does
anyone really read all the instructions to anything anymore?  It sounds
like a great notion, but also sounds like it carries a lot of overhead
that, ultimately, someone will have to be responsible for and a lot of
people will inadvertantly violate.  I'm sure we're not all only on this
particular list, which means a learning curve for this list, etc...
Hell, it's still hard enough to remember to hit 'reply all' and then
delete out the original posters email to get the message to go back to
the list.

Russ

PS - If you can answer "yes" to that, I encourage you to think about the
friend/relative who still has (gasp) a VCR and its got a flashing 12:00
on it.