[Sigia-l] best practices for Events Calendars?

Bob Doyle bobdoyle at skybuilders.com
Fri Mar 12 22:51:54 EST 2004

Hi Eloise,

We are developing an Events Calendar for the CMS Community at
http://www.cmscalendar.com/.

It can be filtered by region and type of event, with full or brief
listings.  The calendar navigation lets you go back or forward in time,
and events drop off automatically when they expire.

One strong point about it is that it is syndicated to other CMS related
sites, like the CMS Wiki
(http://www.cmswiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=CmsEvents). Each site can
style it to its own look.

So we enter the data once and it comes out in many places.  At the
moment, we let anyone in the CM or IA community add events.  When
someone steals a horse, we will add a login I suppose.

We are watching the development of XML interchange standards for
calendars (lots of them are available - vCal, iCal, xCal).  When
something settles down, we will adopt it.

--
Bob Doyle, Editor In Chief
CMS Review