[Sigia-l] citations of "user centered metadata"

Jake Cressman rjc44 at cornell.edu
Fri Mar 12 11:15:29 EST 2004

I agree with Jim.

I've seen the term user-centered metadata pop up often and from what I can
tell the precise definition is still coming into focus. If you ask me, there
is no such thing as user-centered metadata, but rather just plain old
metadata that facilitates the increased demand for user-centered 'features
and tools to help people interactively mine data, generate patterns, and
conduct analysis on data'.

Here is an article from D-Lib that I found somewhat relevant:

http://www.dlib.org/dlib/july03/07inbrief.html