Let's be helpful...WAS Re: [Sigia-l] web writing for kids

Pradyot Rai prai at prady.com
Wed Mar 10 15:27:36 EST 2004

I wanted to make my own comments but found David Heller's comments ditto
my own. At times I feel really sad about this community for it's lack of
resilience. We often get too personal towards the person making criticism.
It only tells me that as a community we are too emotional, timid and
insecure. I wonder how some of us survive in the daily cut throat
competitive environments, where criticism and sarcasm is business as
usual.

Folks, learn from outside world. Listen to all the democratic debates in
outside world - in the schools, colleges, parliaments, business forums or
social forums. Exchange of ideas have never been successful with
regulations and sugar coating. Let democracy grow, freedom prevail and
right for free speech survive. Anything less than physical violence is
acceptable :)

-Prady

"Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress." --Mahatma Gandhi

David Heller write -

> Even the most annoying people have good things to say. Yes, it would be
nice
> if everyone had the same sense of decorum, but to be honest it sounds
really
> boring to me. I have been both attacked and attacker on this list at times,
> but never have I threatened anyone's life, or even libelled their
reputation, nor has that happened to me. People seem to be a tad overly
sensitive if you ask me and we should just go with the personalities
that