[Sigia-l] Salary and consulting rate survey for usability and HCI

Tania Lang tania_peakusability at optusnet.com.au
Wed Mar 10 06:18:10 EST 2004

Hello

Peak Usability and Spirit Softworks invite you to participate in our
online survey of salaries and consulting rates for usability and
human-computer interaction professionals. We have endeavored to make
this the most comprehensive and truly international salary and
consulting rate survey available for our professional community. The
survey will elicit information about salaries and consulting rates in
all regions of the world as well as states or provinces and metropolitan
areas of the United States, Canada, and Australia.

Please forward this message to your associates and encourage them to
participate in the survey. The greater the participation, the more
meaningful the data will be for us all. We are interested in obtaining
information from people in all specialties and with all levels of
experience.

TAKING THE SURVEY

To ensure that in-depth salary and consulting rate information is
available to our professional community, please participate in this
survey. Completing this brief survey will take only a few minutes.

To take the survey now, please click this link:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=6615380395

The survey will close on March 31, 2004.

CONFIDENTIALITY

This survey preserves your anonymity. We have no means of identifying
participants. We will hold all individual responses in strict confidence
and report them only in aggregate with those of other participants.

SHARING THE RESULTS

Once the survey has ended, we will prepare the following reports and
publish them online for your perusal:

      2004 Salary Survey for Usability & HCI Professionals
      2004 Consulting Rate Survey for Usability & HCI Professionals

The reports will break down salaries and consulting rates by type of
employer or consulting business, geographical region, role, project
focus, education, years of experience, and gender.

Thank you in advance for your participation.

Tania Lang, Peak Usability, Brisbane, Australia
Pabini Gabriel-Petit, Spirit Softworks, Boulder Creek, California, USA,
just outside Silicon Valley