[Sigia-l] [spam] [Plug] Adaptive Path Workshops - SIGIA and ASIST Discounts

Peter Merholz peterme at adaptivepath.com
Mon Mar 8 14:27:47 EST 2004

Hello all--

And now for a little promotion.

Adaptive Path is offering a bunch of workshops this year, in Chicago,
Amsterdam, New York, Washington, D.C., and Toronto.
http://www.adaptivepath.com/events/workshops/

SIGIA-L subscribers get a 15% discount with code AFT13.
ASIST members get a 20% discount with code AFT17.

Of particular interest to this crowd will be our two new one-day
workshops:

Make Your CMS Work For You
Chicago, IL. May 20, 2004
Why do so many CMS projects fail? Because companies often don't do the
necessary prep work. Expensive technological solutions are ignored when
they don't meet your organization's expectations.

After working with several companies, and talking to people at dozens
more, we've come up with eight steps that will help you to use your CMS
efficiently. In this session, Jeffrey Veen will teach you how to
inventory your content, analyze your current workflow, and deconstruct
your current pages into templates. We'll help you use your existing CMS
or move your site to a new CMS without all the costly mistakes.

Early reg (before April 20): $295 ($251 with 15% discount)
Normal reg (after April 20): $345 ($293 with 15% discount)
http://www.adaptivepath.com/events/2004/chicago/

The Elements of User Experience
New York, NY. July 22, 2004
Jesse James Garrett, using his renowned Elements of User Experience and
Nine Pillars of Successful Web Teams models, provides a framework for
user-centered Web design with clear explanations and vivid
illustrations that you can put to immediate use.

This presentation will impose order on the chaotic array of terms and
concepts currently being used to describe user experience development.
We'll review the big picture — from strategy and requirements to
information architecture and visual design — and explain how each
element of user-experience design can help you develop a process.

Early reg (before May 20): $295 ($251 with 15% discount)
Normal reg (after May 20): $345 ($293 with 15% discount)
http://www.adaptivepath.com/events/2004/nyc/