[Sigia-l] Coat Hanger Usability

Dave Collins DCollins at phoenix-interactive.com
Mon Mar 1 09:41:13 EST 2004

> >Until today, that is, when I came accross this coat hanger with a movable
> >hook.

> From a logic point of view you still have the same problem. The hook will
>still be facing one way or the other, it just means you can rotate your >
shirts!

Perhaps you're missing what problem the hanger is solving. When putting
clothes on the hooks, they are lying on your bed. Which way should the hook
point when you hang your shirts on the hanger? I never notice until it's too
late. I go to put them back in the closet and some (or more likely all) of
them are pointing the wrong way. My shirts will be facing the back of my
closet. A reversible hook means they are always hung correctly.

> The best hanger I've ever seen came with an expensive Spanish shearling
> coat. It was heavy wood that flared wide towards

Expensive is almost always better. But cost is a factor that must be weighed
into the usability equation.