[Sigia-l] "close window" links in pop-ups

Nam Loc deep_frost at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 23 14:31:45 EDT 2004

Hello Andrés

I'm not too sure whether if there is any research into the
proposed question or not.

However my initial reaction would be that having a "close
window" link in the main body of text, greatly increases
accessibility, especially for the disabled who have to
assimilate the information of the website via a screen reader,
etc...

Besides having an extra method of doing things is not always bad
as it offers the user more option on how to do things.

Nam

--- "Sulleiro, Andres" <Andres.Sulleiro at erac.com> wrote: >

> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to get people's opinions on the use of "close window"
> links in pop-ups to, well, close the browser window. They are
> very common everywhere and I never really stopped to think
> about them much. Is it necessary? Shouldn't the browser's "x"
> button be enough? Are there any studies out there about the
> subject?
>
> My initial reaction is that they are not necessary, but I
> would love to hear your thoughts.
>
> --Andrés

=====
All I Need Now is the Strength to Hold My Head Up High....