[Sigia-l] ROI for improving search

daniela meleo danielameleo at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 21 19:53:31 EDT 2004

Ziya:
> Since *they* are asking you to *improve,*
> does it mean that they know, at least, that
> something is broken?
> If so, fixing it would be the minimum ROI

Well yes, of course.
I understand that they *think* that their search isn't
great, judging from anecdotal sources. There's also a
separate exercise going on to improve the IA, which
might very well improve things for users anyway.  The
client is going to have to make some kind of ROI case
before they get the budget to investigate the issue in
any detail.

I'm curious to know if any of the more experienced
folks out there have ever had to make a ROI case for
search alone & what worked & what didn't.