[Sigia-l] The category of 'Miscellaneous'

Listera listera at rcn.com
Wed Jun 16 01:10:15 EDT 2004

Andrew:

> User engineering is also known as "expectation management" - the
> propensity of some engineering graduates to modify the end user
> requirement set to suit the coolest/easiest available implementation. :)

I think you nailed it. :-) I think the label "user engineering" connotes the
opposite of UCD: changing user behavior to suit provider shortcomings, as
opposed to changing provider offerings to suit the user. I don't know which
one is worse, social engineering or user engineering as a label.

Ziya
Nullius in Verba