[Sigia-l] Pick a theory (was "IA and Semiotics")

Andrew andrew at pcug.org.au
Sun Jun 13 22:32:19 EDT 2004

Hi Chris,

just on the "nostrum extraction and re-use within IA" concept...  I have
taken the following principles from various religious mystery traditions
and used them with a range of information presentation and organisation
tasks:
- Everything is connected, more or less.
- As above, so below - the microcosm (individual system component) is a
reflection of the macrocosm (the whole) in some way or another.
- Boundaries are artificial constructs that we place upon problem sets
to make them manageable - they are no less artificial for this. To name
a thing is to change it.
- There are many layers, in both scope and complexity, to every issue.
- Every man and woman is a star - each is a piece of the whole, with
something to teach, and something to learn.

I am happy to discuss both the practical and philosophical implications
of these principles :)

Cheers, Andrew Boyd