[Sigia-l] Pick a theory (was "IA and Semiotics")

gunnar gunnar at langemark.com
Fri Jun 11 05:09:10 EDT 2004

Ziya wrote:
> discuss the weather. Our work is biased and contextual. In my mind,
>  there's no need to cite this as it's bleeding obvious. Otherwise,
> one needs to be delusional about being
> theory/framework/system/methodology free. I'm the one who
> continually mocks here folk in white lab coats who claim/insinuate
> to be theory/bias free.

Quite.
I just think it might be interesting to know "how" and "in what way" - I am
biased and contextual. To know this takes theory with some degree of
consistency and system - as far as I'm concerned. Otherwise you merely state
the obvious.

I don't think we're that far from each other in this discussion. We just
emphasize different aspects of the whole thing.

Gunnar
gunnar at langemark.com