[Sigia-l] The future of WWW...

Listera listera at rcn.com
Tue Jun 1 22:04:59 EDT 2004

Listera:

> The HTTP web browser can be made to persist data and sync on network
> availability, same as Central, as a company announced last week. They plan to
> open source the plugin. I can't recall the name at the moment.

Several people have asked for this:

<http://asia.cnet.com/newstech/applications/0,39001094,39180988,00.htm>

BEA Chief Architect Adam Bosworth said the initiative, called Alchemy,
provides the software foundation for Web applications that allow people to
carry on working, whether they are on or off a wireless network. Bosworth
spoke on Wednesday at the company's eWorld customer conference here.
[...]
With Alchemy, BEA is trying to address the difficulty of building and
maintaining applications that run on mobile devices. Bosworth said the
initiative is meant to enable developers to write Web applications with
traditional Web tools and to help users keep working with the same programs,
whether they are online or offline, adjusting to the intermittent access
people have to wireless networks.

Ziya
Nullius in Verba