[Sigia-l] User Test Cost - Does this sound reasonable?

Gerry Gaffney gerry at infodesign.com.au
Tue Jun 1 21:17:19 EDT 2004

Marc Rettig wrote:

>> 1. The day after the test, the core team (myself as facilitator, lead IA,
lead tech, lead graphic designer) went through all of our notes and made a
sticky note for each observation. By the end of the day, there would be
hundreds of notes on the wall. We would do a rough clustering, and agree on
a very small number of things that we could all agree definitely needed
attention. This was a) exhausting, b) tedious, and c) kind of fun. <<

In my experience, this is one of the most effective way to produce effective
reports. If you make notes in electronic format instead of hand-writing
them, you can mail-merge them onto index cards and remove some of the
drudgery. It also means that, by having a unique, automatically-generated
number for each note, you can readily locate interesting bits of video for
use in a set of presentation highlights.

- Gerry

Gerry Gaffney
Information & Design

+61 3 9600 3333