[Sigia-l] streaming video, players & IA

Livia Labate liv at livlab.com
Fri Jul 23 17:51:23 EDT 2004

> If you embed with flash, you can dispense with the flicker/update. You
> can even allow bookmarking (assuming the content's driven dynamically).

I'll be using Flash for the whole thing so that won't be a problem. But I
wanted to see what's been done with and without Flash.

> you were displaying a multitude of static GIFs or even chunks of
> text you'd have pretty much the same UI/architectural challenge:
> list and detail.

That's also another thing I'm trying to investigate. Any other
possibilities? Different metaphors? How about search, any good/bad
implementations of video search in this context?

I'm trying to find something I saw months ago and I thought it was at the
Webby Awards website - it was a site that served user submitted videos.
There was an upload engine, archives, search, and a player UI if I'm not
mistaken (could have been just RealPlayer I can't remember). I can't recall
the name or URL for the life of me and I couldn't find it at the Webby
Awards website. If anybody knows what I'm talking about please send me the
URL!

Cheers,

Liv