[Sigia-l] Password-protected archives?

russ at bluechromedesign.com russ at bluechromedesign.com
Thu Jul 15 17:34:54 EDT 2004

>>QUESTION:  Do those on the list want the archives behind a password
> wall?
>
> My vote: A big NO.
>
> The fact that it's possible doesn't mean it's happening. And sure
> doesn't mean we should overreact.

That's not very Information Architect-y of you.  We've already had 2
instances--one that's someone who's hired people and another that's
someone who's had it happen as a potential employee.

I respect your vote and your comment, and I've not done the research (but
I've read an article once upon a time--sorry, I don't find that to be
credible on my part, either), but it does happen and other lists, such as
the evolt list, are notorious for having their information turn up on
Google, only to later impact the original poster.

I'll say again:  It's something to chew on and weigh heavily, or at least
remind people of when they tell a story, list a client, etc.

Russ