[Sigia-l] blame canada ;]

Listera listera at rcn.com
Fri Jul 9 20:41:41 EDT 2004

Boniface Lau:

> Because a significant number of the site users are still using nn4.7?

Current stats I've seen on all NN4x browsers hover around 0.3%. That borders
on statistical irrelevance. Of course, the story at a specific site might be
different, but I doubt it'll be over a few percentage points, at worst.

On a project just a few months ago, for reasons still somewhat unexplained
to me, a huge, conservative investment bank insisted on NN4x compatibility.
I had arrived at a really clean, scalable, maintainable architecture/UI for
an app. I insisted on abandoning NN4x, citing cost of development alone as
reason. After a week or two of arguments back and forth, the client was
convinced to drop NN4x compatibility for all new development. No one has
complained so far.

Ziya
Nullius in Verba