[Sigia-l] Estimating content analysis & migration

Hilary Marsh hilary at contentcompany.biz
Thu Jul 8 21:50:42 EDT 2004

Hi Daniela,

I am actually working with IBM in the U.S. on a project just like
this one. It is a combination content/IA effort, joining the taxonomy
with the content strategy analysis. (I'll give you more details
privately, if you'd like.)

The level of effort for migration varies depending on the CMS you
choose, where the content is currently housed and the skills of your
internal technical team. I've seen it take place in one day, and I've
led projects where it took four people approx. 5 weeks to migrate
1200 pages of content.

The content analysis and typing activities are intensive but fun -- I
can definitely give you insights into this, as well as defining
workflow and display rules.

Let me know how I can help!

Best,

Hilary