[Sigia-l] Right Side Navigation

Conal Tuohy Conal.Tuohy at vuw.ac.nz
Mon Jul 5 20:12:15 EDT 2004

Pabini Gabriel-Petit wrote:

> Considering the fact that, if a person's browser window is
> not maximized, a
> navbar on the right might not even be visible, I'm afraid I
> cannot conceive
> of such a navbar being "well designed".

Aren't you assuming that a page has a fixed width?

In that case this could well be true: a right-side nav bar "might" be outside the viewport of a browser window, but this is really a problem with fixed-width layout, not with right-aligned navigation. In this case if the same nav bar was on the left, then some of the CONTENT would be outside the browser window viewport. But if a page has a fluid, CSS-based, design then there's no reason why a nav bar couldn't stick to the right edge of the browser window, as far as I can see.

Con