[Sigia-l] Another html form question...

Listera listera at rcn.com
Tue Jan 27 16:44:17 EST 2004

"Dave Collins" wrote:

> I wonder if it's just possible that (Groves) pointing out that qualifier was
> meant to benefit (Heller) the original poster, and not (Listera) the
> responder...

If we're considering the combo box emulation David Heller inquired about, he
didn't ask for keyboard navigation specifically. My point was that it's not
necessarily reasonable to expect keyboard navigation on a non-standard,
pseudo widget. If it's the expanding select box Chris asked about, that may
be another point. In either case, you can write write lots of exception code
to make possible tabable select box expansion horizontally and vertically.
There are significant differences here between IE and NN, Mac and Win and
adoptions of DOM, accessKey, tabIndex, focusability, etc.

As to what Karl Groves was referring to, I'm not sure, he lives to annoy me
:-)

Ziya
Nullius in Verba