[Sigia-l] Taxonomy for Art related products

Leslie Johnston johnston at virginia.edu
Tue Jan 27 10:46:24 EST 2004

The Art and Architecture Thesaurus is the principal standard used in
taxonomic/subject classification in library visual resource collections and
in museums.  It is also an accepted standard in the digital library
community for classification of cultural heritage materials in Dublin Core,
METS, VRA Core, etc.  It is very flexible for pre-and post-coordinated
use.  Using AAT as the taxonomy would certain make the organization of
art-related resources more familiar to  a certain set of users.

http://www.getty.edu/research/conducting_research/vocabularies/aat/