[Sigia-l] Another html form question...

Chris Chandler chrischandler67 at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 26 22:55:16 EST 2004

I don't normally think of this forum as a place to ask this type of question, but seeing the results David just got,
I'll give it a try:

I have a fixed width drop down box in which there are 20+ selections. Some of the selections are quite long and are cut
off in the drop down box. The selections are trademarked names, and the fact that they are cut off is causing some
consternation.

Has anyone seen a solution for a dynamic-width drop down box, such that long names can be fully shown when the box is
selected, but that returns to the original width once the selection has been made. I'm told that this works with no
problem on the Mac, but as Mac users make up less than 5% of the audience, this is not the solution.

On another section of the site with a similar problem, the team used a hack: breaking the selections in half, manually,
and setting the passed value to be the same for both selections. Not only is this solution ugly (say when the second
half of the name has been selected), but it won't work for me - the data is dynamic and can't reliably be split.

Thoughts?

-cc