[Sigia-l] Charlotte, NC IA/UX Cocktail Hour January 21

Samantha Bailey a2slb at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 13 15:06:31 EST 2004

Let's kick of the new year with our own version of the "State of the
Union"--what's the state of the Internet?

Paul Boutin of Wired.com says it needs saving--see his article "101 Ways to
Save the Internet"
(http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/12.01/internet.html?tw=wn_tophead_7)
Does it need saving? How does the state of the internet impact those of us
who have careers in UX related fields.

Meanwhile, it's resolution time--both Adaptive Path and Boxes & Arrows have
done articles on what they want to focus on in the upcoming year:
http://adaptivepath.com/publications/essays/archives/000279.php
http://www.boxesandarrows.com/archives/looking_forward_and_back.php

Join us for discussion & networking!

Please note the new *earlier* meeting time--we're going to try meeting a bit
earlier for folks who have commutes, kids & whatnot.

Location:  SouthEnd Brewery - 2100 South Blvd., Charlotte, NC
When:  Wednesday, January 21, 6:00pm

SouthEnd Brewery (704) 358-4677
http://www.southendbrewery.com/

Please pass this message along to anyone you know in the area who is
interested in and/or practicing information architecture, interaction design
or user-centered web design.

Samantha Bailey
samantha at baileysorts.com | http://baileysorts.com