[Sigia-l] effective information architecture sites

Donna Maurer donna at maadmob.net
Wed Feb 18 17:22:18 EST 2004

I'll think more about this today, but the one that immediately jumps to mind
is the BBC food site:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/

I love this site both as a user and an IA - the relationship between items has
been done well - lots of very useful related links. Every time I go there, it
draws me in and I spend a lot of time and find heaps of interesting recipes.

I haven't used anything else on the BBC, so am not sure whether the rest of
the site is well architected.

I don't know that we usually say that amazon, ebay & cnn are beautifully IA'd
- they are usually given as examples of very usable sites, which can be quite
different...

Donna

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 18:41:21 +0100 (CET), Ramón Ortiz wrote