[Sigia-l] how user-initiated pop-ups affect the user experience

Brian Ghidinelli brian.ghidinelli at iconmedialab.us
Wed Feb 18 12:04:13 EST 2004

"Laurie Gray" <lgray at humancentrictech.com> wrote:
> page topic e.g. the user clicked to learn more detail on a product,
etc.
> I don't have precise numbers, but I can say that none of the
> participants batted an eye. The only caveat I can present is that this

In some web site (not app) studies I've conducted, I have seen users
become disoriented when a new browser window that is either the same or
close to the same size as the existing browser window is popped up.
When the back button is disabled, they became unsure how to return.
Several users typed the starting URL into the new browser window and
began their tasks all over.

Brian