[Sigia-l] kill pop-ups & sell pop-up killers

Christina Wodtke cwodtke at eleganthack.com
Wed Feb 18 11:01:47 EST 2004

> If people want an instant and free popup blocker (that is also very
useful),
> just add a google toolbar to your IE and you are all set!

Or companion, which includes access to yr Yahoo stuff like mail, my,
calendar, etc. as well as a pop-up blocker.
http://companion.yahoo.com/

that aside, pop-up blockers are making significant headway and causing all
sorts of mischief. Having done some competitive analysis, there is no doubt
they block many user-initiated non-ad pop-ups. it's to teh point now where
our research team, who uses pop-ups very successfully for intercepts is
considering a different strategy. pop-ups not only reduce the number of
folks you get, it also changes teh nature of the audience.

In teh lab, no one seems to mind little pop-up application windows, though
I've seen a lot of issues around opening a full new browser window. But it
hardly matters if blockers are go to intercept you.