[Sigia-l] Handling broken links?: RE: Converting static...to CMS

Nicole Colovos nicolec at goris.com
Tue Feb 10 13:05:23 EST 2004

Donna's your response was very helpful to me. I was wondering if I
could ask for further info about  broken links.

I have a client who is converting a static site. The new site will be
much easier to navigate however we do not want to effect users who have
bookmarked the HTML pages. Is there a smart way to solve this problem?
Donna mentioned in her response that  "...if you are moving to a CMS,
you should be taking advantage of some of the automatic functions
included."  Is this an automatic function that is standard with most
CMSs? Accept my apology if this is an elementary question, I am kind of
a newbie.

* * * * *

Nicole Colovos, designer/producer
nicolec at goris.com
aol im: nmcolovos

BREMMER & GORIS COMMUNICATIONS
creative thinking. effective campaigns.

1908 Mt Vernon Ave  > Alexandria, VA 22301
p 703.739.0088 ext 17  > f 703.549.3140  > www.goris.com