[Sigia-l] [OT] Tagging things that are off topic

webproject at timeinc.com webproject at timeinc.com
Wed Feb 4 11:01:07 EST 2004

<christina wodtke wrote:
the addition of a little [OT] in the subject line causes so little overhead
for a poster, and helps so much the volume of mail that it seems little to
ask.>

I agree - I think that tagging things that don't specifically have to do with big or little IA would make this list much easier to follow, and would encourage people to notice when they are posting something off topic.  This would certainly include to me the LDS posts, as well more coding related issues, as well as flippant comments about other people's more serious posts.  Honestly, the sheer volume of messages right now makes it a slog to go through even in digest form, and certainly precludes me from following the list in busy times.

This would allows those who enjoy a looser, more conversational style to continue to get tangential posts, but those who would prefer a more targeted list to ignore the less targeted posts.

Laura

Laura S. Quinn
Alder Consulting
www.alderconsulting.com
718-208-8172

This message is the property of Time Inc. or its affiliates. It may be
legally privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the use
of the addressee(s). No addressee should forward, print, copy, or
otherwise reproduce this message in any manner that would allow it to be
viewed by any individual not originally listed as a recipient. If the
notified that any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information
herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this message.
Thank you.