[Sigia-l] More About UI job requirements

Lord, Ralph rsl3 at cdc.gov
Tue Feb 3 11:27:05 EST 2004

Jake wrote:
> How common is it for the IA/UID to be doing double duty as a
> project manager or the manager of a team that includes
> developers, designers and production people?
>
> Our organization is set up this way primarily because the
> IA/UID determines the production process, does the initial
> requirements gathering and is the primary contact with the
> client. Thus, they have to act as a guide for the rest of the
> project team.

We think it is nothing but advantegeous for the organization to be set
up this way. But we don't want to be the PM (time and budget), rather,
we want to be like an architect in a building project who is indeed a
"guide for the rest of the team", but is not tasked with managing the
jots and tittles of the project.

Ralph Lord