[Sigia-l] Seeking forms examples

Kathy LeMunyon kathy.lemunyon at raremedium.net
Tue Feb 3 10:44:55 EST 2004

Good day all,

Would appreciate any help with the following:

1. I'm working on a wedding sub-site for a large commercial bakery where one
thought is to use a dropdown as a quick way of navigating to a particular
wedding cake.  (This would supplement the "browse through the category"
navigation that we already have.)   Looking for examples of integrating such
a nav/form device into a very refined, elegant, upscale visual design.
(We're just concerned that the dropdown is going to stick out like a sore
thumb.)

2. For another part of the bakery site (non-wedding), we're doing a "build
your cake" kind of methodology where a user selects a cake, selects cake
size, filling, ice cream flavor, icing color, inscription color, etc. etc.
Some of the choices are dependant upon what was chosen in a previous
question.  For example, if you choose an ice cream filling, your icing type
is limited to whipped topping icing.  Have seen some good examples of form
elements being rendered on the fly with JS, but looking for examples of
really visual forms rendered this way.  I.e. instead of showing a dropdown
with icing color choices, we'd like to show swatches.

I'll be happy to post a summary to the list.  As always, thanks for your
help!

Kathy LeMunyon
Senior Information Architect
Rare Medium Atlanta