[Sigia-l] well defined IA activities?

Eric Scheid eric.scheid at ironclad.net.au
Wed Dec 8 21:59:35 EST 2004

On 9/12/04 5:27 AM, "Todd Warfel" <lists at toddwarfel.com> wrote:

> Well, I'd agree with content inventories, but not on card sorting. There's a
> lot of user behavior that we like to observe during the sessions, which
> provides valuable input during the design phase. I mean, technically it could
> be done remotely, but in our experience, there's something additional to be
> gained by being there during the session.

I agree - observing the users as they perform the exercise provides valuable
insights. Could not these insights be written up and provided in the
deliverable though?

The answer to that might hinge on just who you think would use the results
of the exercise, and who would need to do the observing ... do the code
developers need to observer, do the visual artists need to observe, do the
UI developers need to observe?

Thus, is it possible for a card sort exercise to produce a well documented
deliverable to be handed to non-observers as input to what they need to do?

e.