[Sigia-l] Info on splash pages and flash movie intros

Listera listera at rcn.com
Wed Apr 28 20:07:47 EDT 2004

"Bruce Morrison" wrote:

> Personally I hate splash pages and flash movie intros...

I love'em. Nothing else comes close to revealing an organization's
sophistication level in terms of branding, marketing, web savvy, customer
focus, ecommerce smarts, etc., than the Skip Intros. Most publicly traded
companies don't have them but if they did I'd require every financial
analyst to stop looking at numbers and just concentrate on the Skip Intros
as an indicator of the company's future online.

Ammo: ask those who require the Skip Intro to name a company they admire.
Then see if that company has one. If it doesn't, you made your point. If it
does, see why they have it and if it really works. If it does, heck, copy
it. If it doesn't, tell your client how it damages that company's perception
without adding value.

Ziya
Nullius in Verba