[Sigia-l] research on surveys

Dave Collins DCollins at phoenix-interactive.com
Thu Apr 22 13:59:40 EDT 2004

>I'm just curious as to how you're going to tackle the a) security
measure of either  making sure no one except the person who just used
the ATM gets to complete the results

Since the survey happens before their card is returned, we can be fairly
certain the respondent is also the cardholder.

> or b) any confusion level from
users--that is, has anyone even checked to see if the users of an ATM
will use this?  I don't have any clue, but I'm willing to bet that
unless these are strategically placed, very specific ATMs, that most
people simply want to get their cash and go (as that appears to be the
nature of ATMs);

Yup - one of my concerns (Of course, there is no *good* time to intrude
on people to ask for feedback).

Then again, the survey is only 4 question max. And, they can simply say
no.

My big concern is: what are they hoping to gather from it? Qualitative
questions like 'Do you like the menu choices?' A: Excellent, Good,
Average, Needs Improvement' aren't very helpful. I think they should ask
questions like 'Did you complete your task quickly?'

I also think they should provide a forum for open-ended feedback  - a
phone #, e-mail or snail mail address.

Dave

P.S. Ross, don't forget to 'reply all', so it goes to the list, not just
me.