[Sigia-l] text justification

Tom Trottier tOM at Abacurial.com
Fri Apr 9 11:23:20 EDT 2004

While left justification is easier to read for paragraphs, I suggest
centre-justifying text words or phrases in the middle of tables. This
maintains the tablular nature and consistency separation from the
columns to left and right.

I would also tend towards left justification for the right-most column,
and right justification for the left-most column if it's a single word
or very short phrase.

Columns of a relatively constant width like numbers are best put on the
left or in the middle of a table, right justified, or perhaps centred
for integers or phone numbers.

tOM

On Friday, April 09, 2004 at 11:00,
DC O <dco5 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> There's a bit on this (not data, but guidelines) at:
> http://www.webstyleguide.com/type/legible.html
>
> - Diane O
>

> From: "morry" <morry at webproducers.org>
>
> Anyone have any data showing increased readability on the Web based on
> text justification (left, right, etc.).

> Add photos to your messages with MSN Premium. Get 2 months FREE*
> http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU
> =http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines

------- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur -------
   ,__@	tOM Trottier +1 613 231-6115
 _-\_<,		758 Albert St.,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)		N45.412 W75.714