[Sigia-l] how are you making wireframes for Flash projects?

Avi Rappoport avirr at searchtools.com
Tue Apr 6 19:16:28 EDT 2004

At 3:35 PM -0500 4/6/04, Listera wrote:
>"Russ Unger" wrote:
>
>>  ... but the weight of the outbound links, the internal links within a site
>>  that allow spiders to obtain additional content, the (in)ability of the the
>>  Flash sites to dynamically generate updated "content" that is readable by
>>  spiders when data-driven sites pull from a database and so on and so forth.
>
>I wasn't equating a Flash site with one done in HTML-only. Just commenting
>on the notion that Flash sites are opaque to SEs. They don't need to be.
>
>If you can detect a SE crawler (and in many instances you can) you can
>return to its GET/POST request plain HTML if you choose to implement your
>Flash app that way.

I agree with Russ, visibility online is a real problem for all-Flash
sites.  And you can get in big trouble by using client-sniffing to
serve search engine crawlers different stuff -- even when done with
the best of intentions, it fits some of the criteria for search
engine spam.  Site and intranet search engines don't have this
problem, but if it's text-heavy, HTML has a lot of advantages as a
presentation medium.

Avi

--
   Avi Rappoport, Search Engine Consultant <mailto:avirr at searchtools.com>
   Complete Guide to Search Engines for Web Sites and Intranets