[Sigia-l] RE: Web Standards and I.A.s

Todd R.Warfel lists at mk27.com
Tue Apr 6 10:59:21 EDT 2004

Over the past couple of years I've ended up focusing quite a bit on Web
standards and 508 accessibility. Most of this has been due to working
on projects funded by NSF that require 508, or Intranets that have
accessibility requirements.

In either case, I've been responsible for a combination of making
recommendations and doing semantic markup.

We started out with some experimental projects of our own so that we
weren't using clients as guinea pigs. It took a bit of time (3 months
of fiddling with XHTML, CSS, accessibility tags) on our own to get it
down. But once you learn it, you won't go any other way. And then you
can speak intelligently about the benefits having done it first hand.

On Apr 6, 2004, at 10:25 AM, O'Neill, Brian wrote:

> I was just curious if any of the I.A.s on the list here have been
> involved with web standards-based design implementations?
>
> Has this affected your job?
> If so, how were you involved in the design process?
> Are you perhaps responsible for markup quality and the semantic angle
> of web standards?

Cheers!

Todd R. Warfel
User Experience Architect
MessageFirst | making products easier to use
Contact Info
voice: 	(607) 339-9640
email: 	twarfel at messagefirst.com
web: 	www.messagefirst.com