[Sigia-l] IA: tools, methods

Chris Chandler chrischandler67 at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 2 01:43:22 EST 2004

From: "BJ Cook"

> Does anyone know any good tools or methods to use to show workflow
> efficiency or the unefficiency. As far as is concerned with
inter-office
> paper flow?

Well, Visio is obviously the "standard" tool, but whether it's good or
not is a subject for debate. I'm guessing, but it sounds like you've
already got some ideas about where the inefficiencies are in the current
process, and how they could be improved. I find that just mapping the
flow using any simple and consistent notation will generally make these
inefficiencies apparent.

Now, showing the efficiencies in a proposed process can be trickier. The
reply in this thread from Anders gives some good advice as to how to go
about it.

-cc