[Sigia-l] Re: Steve Jobs invented the hierarchical list???

Dave Collins DCollins at phoenix-interactive.com
Thu Apr 1 12:46:50 EST 2004

>> Has anyone ever applied for a patent on a navigation scheme
>> they designed?

>If your business depends on the things you invent (eg. apple), you'd be
>foolish not to patent your inventions....

I suppose it seems ridiculous to try to patent something so ubiquitous.
But consider, even if the patent is refused, it's still a good practice
to 'pretend'. They're hedging their bets. The worst that can happen is
that no one else can trump them.

What if they didn't patent it, and someone else came along, created
something virtually identical, got a patent, and then sued the pants off
them for infringement?

They may not create the bureaucracy, but they'd be fools to ignore it.

Dave