[Sigia-l] Re: Steve Jobs invented the hierarchical list???

Jake Cressman rjc44 at cornell.edu
Thu Apr 1 11:50:50 EST 2004

Thanks for your input.

Yes, this patent narrowly defines the use of hierarchical lists to those
which contain content types like artist, song, and playlist. Does that make
the navigation scheme "unique" enough to warrant a patent? If I use
hierarchical lists as the main structure behind a web site navigation scheme
(which we probably all have, in some form), but my content is something
other than music related, should I patent it?

Has anyone ever applied for a patent on a navigation scheme they designed?